Sunday, March 30, 2014

Haiku

Haiku is something many assume isn't for them, but there are people writing new poems in that format every day, all over the globe. Chances are, some will be ones you'll love. I say this because it happened to me.

I love this poem by Marili Deandrea:

luna d’aprile                                       April moon
qualcuno sta piangendo                      someone is mourning
fra i ciliegi                                          out among the cherry trees

And this one:
alba irlandese -                                   Irish dawn-
su prati di smeraldo                            about emerald meadows
eco di arpe                                          echo of harps


I can tell you, that's what it felt like in the little roads of Ireland. Everywhere around you were endless sheets of bright green, and people did have harps in the oddest locations. The music was incredible.

Of course, haiku by the famous masters Basho, Buson, Issa and Shiki are amazing too. I will be sure to highlight them as well--I'm a huge fan of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment